This post continues the theme of Infant Mortality from two weeks ago. The story below shows the conditions that our ancestors endured and the consequences of these conditions.
- Reginald Frank born on 14 May 1892 died in 1930 in Southampton and married to Violet Ethel Burton in 1919 (They had 1 known child)
- Francis Ethel born 1893 married James Biddlecombe in 1913
- Florence Lily born 7 November 1894 – nothing more known
- Amelia Kathleen born 1896 died 1897
- Edith Anna born 1898 – nothing more known
- Violet Winifred Mary born in 1899 died in 1917 aged 17
- Victor James born in 1901 and died in 1986 in Bournemouth (no known children)
- Albert Edward Charles born in 1903 died in 1941 in Southampton. Married Violet Taylor in 1935. (They had 3 known children)
- William John born in 1904 and died in 1978 in Southampton (no known children)
- Frederick Sydney born in 1909 –nothing more known
Tragedy struck the family in July 1897 when nine month old Amelia developed diarrhoea and two days later died. The illness was caused by the insanitary condition of the property. The story is best told by these two extracts from the report in the local paper.